Anonymous asked: I’m told that if you button the collar button of a shirt, you should wear some kind of neckwear, especially for anything dressy. Is there unisex/androgynous neckwear that I could wear if I either don’t want to deal with people who may be scandalized by women wearing ties, or decide I’m more comfortable with unisex attire than masculine-coded attire?
A.D. says: One phrase: TOP-BUTTON SWAG.
Thank you, I’m done.
Just kidding. You can totally button the “collar” button (or, what I call, the “top” button) without any neckwear whatsoever. This look is actually quite trendy among young queer people, and amazingly attractive… Maybe it’s just my group of friends, but we all rock top-button swag most days.
Other than ties, I you can wear bolo ties (which are trendy, too), collar necklaces, bow ties, and bow tie necklaces.
Submit your top-button swag.
Great queer tumblrs with more buttoned collars: lesbian-a-la-mode.tumblr.com,
elegantqueer.tumblr.com, exsouthernbelle.tumblr.com (A.D.’s blog.)
- el-angsty-chicharron reblogged this from qwear
- leavesofyggdrasil likes this
- i-am-technicolor reblogged this from qwear
- i-am-technicolor likes this
- parrotfeather likes this
- palealien likes this
- sentimentalcynic likes this
- bluehaired-mermaid reblogged this from qwear
- incrediblyshallow likes this
- pinkpandapants likes this
- privatepersonalblog reblogged this from qwear
- crowdedgrouse likes this
- cake9 likes this
- eetfuk2 reblogged this from qwear
- eetfuk2 likes this
- trainp likes this
- lezkizofrenic likes this
- tooshortpants likes this
- kelleyv likes this
- qwear posted this