Which Queer Clothing Companies Should I Support?
Since there are so many new queer brands starting up, I thought I’d make a list of our favs! If you have the means to do so, I recommend checking these out when considering your next purchase/getting your hair did! You’re especially lucky if you live in San Francisco, New York City, or London. But many of them have online shops.
Androgyny: High-quality androgynous fitting button-ups for women/people with curves in 5 colors and patterns, priced at $125. No plus sizes yet. (Qwear feature coming soon!)
Marimacho: Brooklyn-based masculine clothing brand for female assigned/identified folks. They have 10 items in their shop including a blazer, suit vest, classic white shirt, bomber jacket, and swim suit.
PHRESH CUTZ: “A spot for queers and friends of all kinds to kick it with like-minded individuals over drinks, snacks, and beats while tightening up their look!” In Brooklyn. (See Autostraddle post about them)
RodeoH (NSFW): Adorable, comfortable harnesses slash cute underwear. Available online and at in-store locations across the globe.
Tomboy Tailors: A retail shop in San Francisco that just opened on Feb 2nd! They have have in-house clothing, custom fittings, a plus line, and shoes for smaller feet. Online store opens in April. (See our post about them.)
Unbound Apparel: Sweet tees and hats to celebrate gender nonconformity. Prices range from $7-15.
Veer NYC: Curated androgynous clothing. No clothes yet, but you can support their Indiegogo campaign here. I recommend the $25 option, because you’ll get a $25 gift certificate when their store opens. Great deal!
Wildfang: Curated tomboy clothes for people with curves. Opening shop on their website in the spring. Join their mailing list for updates, and add them on Facebook and Twitter . (See our post about them.)
If there are any other companies you believe should be on this list, message me!
UPDATED FEB 8: Made wording changes to be more inclusive of MAAB trans* folk looking to wear androgynous clothes.
- pnt1223 likes this
- reynolds721 likes this
- thinkimkindagay likes this
- corker42 likes this
- yosunshine likes this
- neal-winchester likes this
- luminousbeams likes this
- thehotgirlproject reblogged this from dapperanddandy
- 619503 likes this
- thesapphicstripper likes this
- reinik likes this
- hamaon likes this
- elendraug likes this
- thisiswhatnerdylookslike reblogged this from qwear
- thisiswhatnerdylookslike likes this
- theworldisavampire-vampire likes this
- aurorashard likes this
- gurglingghoul likes this
- pornjunkyard likes this
- nocakeno reblogged this from qwear and added:
- nocakeno likes this
- haha-face likes this
- femme-boi-style likes this
- laughingthelaughiest likes this
- shadesofhappy reblogged this from allmyinternets
- ericaundefined likes this
- theleakypen likes this
- lainshikari likes this
- goodbyebetty reblogged this from butchdragon
- butchdragon reblogged this from dapperanddandy and added:
- alslaw reblogged this from dapperanddandy
- slightlyirresponsible reblogged this from qwear
- harmoniumradio reblogged this from qwear
- butwhatifcheesecake likes this
- theclosetfeminist reblogged this from fiercefashionfutures
- thesubjectofsam likes this
- myshatterglasskingdom likes this
- kittensandfeminisms likes this
- feznstetson likes this
- miraanne reblogged this from dapperanddandy
- ohflattery reblogged this from dapperanddandy
- lyshj reblogged this from dapperanddandy
- lyshj likes this
- boomburrito likes this
- beatingthebinary reblogged this from dapperanddandy
- seattleloves reblogged this from dapperanddandy
- sadomillerchism likes this
- faerygrrrl likes this